Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wow, has it really been that long??

Well, I thought that I ought to get back to blogging my process on my latest creation- a dress for PR weekend.  It all started out so innocently, when I found this simple pattern  http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v8871-products-44843.php?page_id=856

I fell in love with it! Such simple clean lines, not particularly crazy about the neckline though..

Fast forward to a few weeks later- went to SF Fabrix in search of the fabric- no ponte in stock but found a lovely jersey print..so inexpensive too!

Last weekend, a wonderful sewing bud assisted me with the fitting of the pattern.  I ended up tracing it off onto pattern paper( interfacing weight with grids) and had sewing bud pin fit me.  Well there's good news and more good news. Not too many changes had to be made- some work on the back and of course some sort of FBA in the front.

No comments: