Sunday, January 8, 2017

Ironing can be entertaining!!







I don't know about you, but listening to either a football game or great music on a rainy day  calls out to me as the perfect afternoon to do some preshrinking of fabric and pressing it so that it is ready to sew.


This afternoon after doing a few errands this morning, I decided that it was time to finally iron the piece of muslin that I bought for $5.00 at the local Goodwill.  It turned out to be a major bargain! Over two yards of 47" width cotton muslin.  That is not going to happen at Joann Fabrics, ever.

Still feeling inspired, I ended up taking care of a gifted piece of cotton linen blend. It ironed like a dream!






It is so perfect for a simple little sleeveless or cap sleeved  button down.

Then,  after that, I pulled out this gorgeous and funky Liberty of London cotton lawn that I purchased last year on sale.  The intention was to make a pair of gorgeous pillowcases/pillow slips.

Here is the link that I am going to use, when I finally get around to making the  pillow cases, or dare I make a blouse??

http://thecottagemama.com/2011/12/15-minute-pillowcase-with-french-seams/


The current project that I have been working on is in the final stages- a knit shell, that is part of this Kwik Sew pattern.










Still am debating if I want to do the same old boring basic stitches for the armscye and neckline hem.

So, I started to experiment with some of my machine embroidery stitches.

First I tried some stitches on a muslin scrap.




 This is more true to the real color of the cotton jersey knit. It is not such a bright guava color as it looks in the previous shot.  It is a real blend of guava fruit and an orange rose coral.



      Then here are the samples on the real deal!

No comments: